Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Yoga and Eagles

Today was almost a wasted day. I spent way too much time on the couch. Slept in until 8:30, yes I know that is late. I basically sat on the couch with the Today show on, paying bills, balancing the checkbook, organizing paperwork and watching the eagles on the internet. I have two sites I watch. The first is the one I mentioned earlier about the nest of two eggs at the Washington Arboretum. Those babies won't hatch until the middle of March. The other site
http://www.eagles.org/Cams/FloridaNest.html
is in Florida and it is two eaglets that are almost ready to fly from their nest. Today I saw both parents perched near the nest. It was quite spectacular. I've learned to take a screen shot of the live video I watch. The second one is the baby eaglet with the parents in the background.





Finally in the afternoon I got off my behind and went to the House of Jai. It is a yoga studio about 10 minutes from the apartment. I took a 75 minute restorative yoga class and it was wonderful. Restorative yoga uses props to create a soothing and supportive environment to help one reach a state of deep relaxation. It helps you release tension and encourages rest. It was exactly what I needed.

The rest of the evening we had dinner, Jim researched places to visit on Long Island, we watched Breaking Bad and then the coverage of the GOP Primary.

Namaste - "the light within me bows to the light within you"






No comments:

Post a Comment