Monday, March 14, 2016

Looking For A Home

The red sore on Jim's forearm looked a little better today. He needed his last Neupogen shot but did not have a definitive appointment. Good thing because he was exhausted today. He stayed in bed until close to 11:00 when I got him to come to the kitchen for waffles with strawberries. This morning I made a couple of appointments to look at extended stay housing near MSK. My first appointment was 2:30 so we had to get to the clinic for Jim's shot and be finished by 2:15. We took the 12:30 shuttle and waited over an hour for him to get one little shot. It was drizzly and cold out but Jim wanted to come with me to look at the apartments.

The first two weren't very nice. Either they were not in a good location or they were dark and depressing. The second two were close to the hospital and very nice. Now the challenge is to see if anything will come available in the buildings I am interested in. I can not lock in until we get the green light on March 23rd. That gives me 7 business days to secure a place. If worse comes to worst I can move into a hotel for a few days but I really don't want to move all my stuff twice. You would never believe how expensive 30 days of housing is up here. $$$$$

Back at the Hope Lodge by 4:00 Jim took a nap and I did a load of laundry. The nice thing was that the laundry machine was just down the hall from our room. Later I went to the communal kitchen and started dinner. Jim hasn't had an appetite today and I'm sure he is tired of me offering him a snack or handing him his water bottle but I can't help it.

While in the kitchen I met some other residents. Everyone has a story.
That could be information for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment