Thursday, March 17, 2016

If God sends you down a stony path, may he give you strong shoes.

Today we woke up with the luck of the Irish. Sounds good and it's St. Patrick's Day so I thought I would say it. We have to have luck on our side and good medical care too. By 9:00 we started to hear the rowdy people making their way from Penn Station to who knows where. The parade started at 11:00. Jimmy and I sat in the little study area of our room and watched the parade on television like two retired people. I hate to say it but we enjoyed some of it. Of course we were doing other things at the same time. Jim checked in with the folks at the office today. The ladies in the office make an Irish lunch every year and he was feeling a bit nostalgic about missing out on it.

At 3:00 we had an online webcam meeting with one of the nurses at MSK concerning transplant and what to expect during the process. It was an hour long meeting and Jim's parents and Debby were also able to sign in and listen from their homes.


After the webinar with MSK we walked outside to see what craziness was occurring on St. Patrick's Day. Jimmy had to have a Guinness for old time sake. We went into an Irish pub and it was like a flashback to the old college days. Crowded space, super loud music, drunk people, and a lot of beer spilled on the floor. Only this time a plastic cup of Guinness cost Jim $9.00.



I think we were the only ones not carded when entering the pub. Good thing because I did not think to bring an ID with me. Jim had his Guinness and then we left. I wish I could post the videos I took of some funny men attempting to dance an Irish jig.


The rest of the night...NCAA basketball.



No comments:

Post a Comment