Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Wonderful Wednesday

Today was another yoga day for me. The pass I bought is good for 10 consecutive days of unlimited classes. I might as well try out the different classes to see if this is something I would like to continue. Today's yoga class was called Vinyasa and I moved in ways I haven't moved in a while. I know I will be sore tomorrow but it's a good type of sore. Not big muscle sore but muscle fiber sore. Does that make sense? Anyway this is going to be good for me. You also learn to breathe in yoga and how to calm your heart which all of us can use.

In the afternoon Jim and I went to the post office and look who we saw on our walk, the homeless lady from the laundromat. She was looking into the trash can and picked out what looked like a Venti Frappuccino from Starbucks. She stared at the cup as if to read what kind of drink it was before taking it back to her bench. All of her possessions where in a row against the building. Shopping cart and those plastic bags full of I don't know what. Poor woman. Maybe I will stop to talk to her next 
time if Jim is not with me.





















After the post office we walked into a Men's Warehouse looking for khaki pants for Jim. The other day we went on a wild goose chase to the Dockers store which is no longer there. It is an Urban Outfitters now, not exactly Jim's style of clothes. We scored at the Men's Warehouse and bought Jim two new pairs of jeans.

On the way home we stopped at Dr. Wine, our favorite wine store. While I was waiting for Jimmy to pick out his wine 5 dogs came into the store, not all together. I still find it strange that one is allowed to bring dogs into the stores.
I haven't had my dog fix in awhile so I did my best trying to take a couple of pictures. The black lab actually growled at me when I got too close to his master. Must have been the beanie I was wearing.

Tomorrow is an important day. Jimmy has a PET scan starting at 8:00. It usually takes 3 hours. The scan will tell if the chemo he is receiving is working to eradicate his cancer. What we hope to hear is that the scan shows a significant reduction in the cancer cells and that the transplant team will get the green light to start up the process again. If that is the case, the donor will be contacted and hopefully Jim will be admitted in 1 or 2 weeks. In the meantime he will continue to receive chemotherapy.





No comments:

Post a Comment