Thursday, March 31, 2016

Hiccup

Today was not as we had planned. When Jim woke up this morning he had a lump the size of a small orange under his right arm. Previously the area was tender and he noticed something was different but the transplant doctor looked at it Tuesday and had Jim have an ultrasound to rule out any blood clot which they did. But this morning things were worse. We called the doctor and they made arrangements for Jim to have another ultrasound. We spent several hours at the hospital. He also had a needle biopsy so they could get tissue to test. Around 3:00 we returned to the Hope Lodge. Today was our move out day. Today we were supposed to move into my new apartment. We were supposed to walk to Whole Foods in the beautiful afternoon sunshine and buy seafood and white wine so that Jim's "last supper" would be a good one. We both knew that this whatever it is around his armpit would cause a delay. Jim would not be admitted tomorrow.

We did move out of the Hope Lodge. We did move into the nice apartment near MSK. We did have a nice dinner. Tomorrow we meet with the transplant doctor at 11:30 to see if they have a plan. Jim might need to have another round of chemo to keep the cancer at bay. Who knows.

We really wanted tomorrow to be his admission date. Of course the sooner the better but April 1st has not been kind to us. Jim was diagnosed on April 1, 2014, hard to believe it has been two years. April 1, 1978 Jim's Toyota Corolla was hit by a train down by the New River in Blacksburg, Virginia. Long story but we were turning around along the side of the mountain and got stuck in a pot hole on the tracks. I was driving.

So to hell with April 1st.

Tomorrow we will have a new plan. We are in good hands up here, not to fear.

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning Mrs. Riddle. I'm Linda's daughter, Julie. I just wanted to let you know that you're all in my prayers daily. I ask my mother about Jim quite often because he always weighs heavy on my heart. Thankfully, she sent me your blog so that I can follow his status as opposed to constantly bombarding my mom with questions. I've known Jim since I was a little girl and always loved him and his Dad. Please send my best to him and know that my thoughts and prayers are with you, Jim and your entire family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie. Thank you for your kind words and memories of Jim and his dad. He speaks highly of you too. I'm glad you have the blog site to keep updated on Jim's condition.

    ReplyDelete