Sunday, March 20, 2016



Today I woke up and checked on the eagles. I was greeted with both parents sitting on or near the nest. This is the DC nest. The second egg hatched this morning so now there are two little fuzzballs. Jim is now calling me the bird lady. I've officially gone from the dog lady to bird lady. Strange things happen when you are cooped up in NYC playing the waiting game.

After breakfast we walked to Starbucks for coffee. I only drink cold-brewed and just my luck they didn't have any. We walked to two more Starbucks before I finally found one that had cold-brewed coffee. We didn't get much exercise because there are four Starbucks all within .1 mile of the Hope Lodge.

Today we thought we would change things up a little. We took our coffees and our laptops and went to sit on the 6th floor. The 6th floor is the guest floor and there are lots of big comfy couches and places to sit. Usually very few people are there and the windows on one wall are floor to ceiling. We wanted to have more light than our room offered. Anyway we got settled and about 6 young people came in and sat close to us. I wasn't sure what was going on because it didn't look like they were visiting anyone. Long story short they started playing music and games and making a lot of noise. Normally it wouldn't have bothered us but we were looking for a calm, quiet area to have our coffee. We ended up going to the lounge on our floor. That was a good call. They have recliners and we sat and chilled for awhile.

Around 3:00 we had our big meal of the day. I made salmon, roasted red potatoes with rosemary and arugula salad with apples and goat cheese. Jim has his appetite back so ya gotta eat when you can.
The afternoon was spent watching NCAA basketball and I started to go through our things to see what I can bring back home to lighten my load.

For dinner Jimmy wanted to go back to the pizza parlor he visited yesterday. We walked over there and he ate two pieces of pizza. The Knicks were playing at Madison Square Garden and there were lots of people walking around.




Doesn't he look happy eating his pizza? There are three must try types of pizza so between yesterday and today he has tried the top three.

The spot on his arm is a lot better. The antibiotics must be kicking in. Tuesday is the big day. Jim will have a PET scan to determine whether or not he will be admitted for transplant. In the meantime we are just hanging out and waiting.


One last thing I will leave you with, the baby eagles at the DC Arboretum. They are so precious, vulnerable and sweet. I don't know if mom or dad is feeding them but I was able to screenshot a couple of good shots.




No comments:

Post a Comment