Monday, March 28, 2016

Rainy Days and Mondays

We woke to the church bells of Saint Francis of Assisi next door. I know I have mentioned it before but what a wonderful sound to wake up to. I quickly remembered I was back at the Hope Lodge with Jim and not in the comforts of my home in Virginia. It was raining out. I looked out our 12th floor window at the street below. Lots of people in dark coats with dark umbrellas scurrying by on their way to somewhere.

I went to the kitchen to make a cup of tea but quickly turned around and returned to the room. You see there is this Asian couple who spend a lot of time in the kitchen. The wife is very sweet and her husband is recovering from a transplant. He is quiet and rarely looks up when you enter the room. I don't think they speak English very well. Anyway she cooks all their meals and they stay in the kitchen sometimes for two hours. She facetimes with her children on speaker phone. I can't blame her. I can't imagine how difficult it must be for her to be away from her small children for such a long time. I turned around because they crank the heat and it must have been 80 degrees in the kitchen and they were frying bacon and facetiming with their children. I thought it better to wait and go back later.

I went back to the room and checked on the DC eaglets. It was raining in DC and I went to the website right as both parents were in the nest. They were wet and the little eaglets were ready to be fed. Such an incredible thing to watch.







Jimmy was feeling good today. I think knowing that a date has been set has given us both peace of mind. We finally made it to the kitchen, had breakfast and then signed all our tax forms and walked to the post office and mailed them. The weather was mild, in the upper 50's, but the wind was beginning to rev up. We walked to Whole Foods and to Jim's favorite beer store before returning to the Lodge. I enjoyed a few signs of spring along the way. Some businesses have planted containers in front of their buildings. It's a good eye distraction from all the litter and dirt on the streets.


         TV tonight is all mine. Hello to The Voice. No NCAA basketball on tonight. YEA!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment