Friday, March 18, 2016

Baby Eagle Has Arrived

TGIF...That acronym doesn't mean anything to me these days. I used to be excited about Fridays and the beginning of the weekend. For now there is no differentiating between a weekday and the weekend. Every day is the same. It is strange because we are not busy, we do not have many scheduled appointments but we are not relaxed and chill like you would feel on vacation. Of course we are not on vacation.

I spent a couple of hours this morning watching the DC Arboretum Eagles on the webcam. Here are a few screen shot pictures I captured. One of the eggs hatched today and the little fuzzball emerged.














At 11:00 we took the shuttle to the clinic to meet with Peggy. Jimmy had blood work and also had Peggy look at the red spot on his forearm. The spot still looks inflamed and angry so they started him on antibiotics. He is a little dehydrated so we have to push the fluids. I'm glad we saw Peggy before the start of the weekend. We don't want to end up in the Urgent Care.

After the clinic we stopped for lunch. There is a sandwich shop called Lenwich which makes fresh sandwiches and Jim likes the corned beef/pastrami sandwich with coleslaw and Russian dressing. There is nothing for me there so we took his sandwich and went across the street to Le Pain Quotidien where I bought a yummy salad with gluten free bread and melted goat cheese. After lunch we quickly went to the post office and the grocery store before heading back to the hospital to catch the shuttle. Funny thing as I looked out the window of the shuttle as it approached the Hope Lodge there were 5 or 6 people walking down the street with Virginia Tech shirts on. The NCAA Wrestling Championship was going on at Madison Square Garden so I wonder if VT was represented? I wanted to scream "Go Hokies!" out the window but refrained.

Not much happened the rest of the day. After dinner we went back to the room for more NCAA basketball. I know I mentioned it before but our room is cozy and very nice. It is a nice place to retreat to.


No comments:

Post a Comment