Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Walking in the Cold with the One I Love


Today I made omelettes for breakfast. I had leftover mushrooms and onions from dinner last night and we had the time so why not. Time is what we have right now. This is quite ironic because with cancer you don't want to waste time. You want to expedite treatment. Since we are in a waiting mode we try to figure out what we are going to do each day. It is really strange from our normal pattern of life. Usually I am busy back home in Virginia keeping my day filled with lots of activities. Here in New York we are just waiting for the next step. Once the biopsy report is in the doctors will have a plan of treatment but for now we wait.



 I think my highlight of the day was when Jim and I took a walk. It was very cold and damp out but we bundled up and walked to the post office. There were a lot of bills in the post box but at least I know our mail is being forwarded. I also had a nice card from Sandy.

After the post office we went to the hardware store to look for a special kind of light bulb, long tubular kind that went above the kitchen sink. As I mentioned before the apartment is not well lit so we are trying to replace any burnt out bulbs. Jim found the correct size. After the hardware store we walked to the end of our street for the first time. It runs right into the East River. What a nice find. There was a tiny sitting area overlooking the highway and river. Even on this gloomy day it was nice to get out. We will take any wide open spaces we can get.

When we got back to the apartment the light bulb we bought did not work. Something must be wrong with the fixture itself. Funny thing...in this apartment I can only run one electrical appliance at once or I will blow the fuse. For example last night I made a pasta dish. First I had to heat the water on my electric burner and cook the pasta. When that was done I was able to plug in my electric skillet to cook the vegetables. If I plugged both in at the same time the fuse would blow and the lights and TV would turn off. I think everything is on the same circuit breaker.

PATIENCE- the capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble, or suffering without getting angry or upset.


No comments:

Post a Comment