Thursday, February 18, 2016

Sunshine All Around


Today was sweet rolls for Jimmy kind of day. I had bought a can of cinnamon rolls a while back and today was the day Jimmy asked me to bake them. They sure made the kitchen smell good. Being that they are nothing but gluten, dairy and sugar I did not partake. Jim had two with his coffee and he'll probably finish off the other three by tomorrow. Here is a picture of them on top of the range that doesn't work. The orange extension cord hangs out so I can go back and forth plugging in different appliances. 

Early afternoon we went to the post office and got our mail. I had a slip to pick up a package and it was a nice little care package from Jane. She sent a beautiful little angel holding a puppy, an angel pin, WiseDogs book, and a few other things. Everything was much appreciated. We went to Leonard's Seafood Market and picked up some tilapia for tonights dinner. Today was cold but the sun was shining. We try to walk down the streets that have the most sun. Its funny because certain streets are windier than others and some are full of shade depending on the heights of the buildings. There is so much construction in Manhattan. Everywhere you walk there are detours and crews working on something whether it be a building or the road. 

I stopped into Chase bank to get two rolls of quarters. Tomorrow is laundry day...again. Believe it or not you have to have an account with Chase bank in order to use any service including asking for change. Luckily our mortgage is through Chase so I gave the teller my ID and she looked it up. Lastly we went to Ace hardware so I could buy a mop. The clean freak that I am was coming through. I couldn't stand walking on the hardwood floor in the apartment anymore. It looked like it hadn't been mopped in years. They don't even own a mop. Anyway I bought the cheapest mop I could find. On our way out we saw an entire rack of folding rolling carts. I've been thinking about buying one to help cart my laundry and groceries around. Ok now I'm officially an old lady (or maybe just an official New Yorker).

To go with our old age adage we had dinner around 4:30. That is earlier than an early bird special. We skipped lunch and decided to eat early. Besides I had forgotten we had a 6:00 appointment with Dr. Horwitz. He was going out of town tomorrow and wanted to see how Jimmy was doing before he left. I had time to mop the floor before we walked to the clinic. I found a bucket in the closet and used a vinegar and water solution. 

Thursdays are Dr. H's clinic days and he is always very busy. We finally saw him after waiting an hour. He was kind and wonderful as always. His nurse practitioner, Peggy, was also in the room. They both were happy with Jim's lack of side effects so far. He has had some fatigue and a little bit of taste change but they referred to him as being "top of the class" in the study. Dr. H. has decided to do an early PET scan on March 3rd to see if the treatment is working. If things look like they are progressing the right way he will contact the transplant team to get the ball in motion. We left the visit feeling good about things and walked back to the apartment. 

One other piece of good news is the Hope Lodge approved our request and we will be moving back there on March 8th. 

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful news, and wonderful day! Prayers for great results on the 3rd of March and so excited about the Hope Lodge!

    ReplyDelete