Thursday, February 25, 2016

A Higher Perspective



Pure-Spirit.com says when an eagle appears, you are on notice to be courageous and stretch your limits. Do not accept the status quo, but rather reach higher and become more than you believe you are capable of. Look at things from a new, higher perspective. Be patient with the present; know that the future holds possibilities that you may not yet be able to see. You are about to take flight. 

The other day I read an article about a bonded pair of eagles who have built a nest located in a tall Tulip Poplar tree at the National Arboretum in Washington, D.C. The nest overlooks the Anacostia River. The eagle pair named "Mr. President" and "The First Lady" have two eggs that are expected to hatch in late March. They take turns sitting on the nest. To follow the eagles the following website provides 24 hour coverage using 2 solar powered high definition video cameras.  View them at http://www.eagles.org/dceaglecam/









These are screen shot pictures I took from the website. What beauties!


Today didn't turn out as planned. Jim and I were going to walk the mile walk to Whole Foods and purchase some groceries for tomorrow night. Jim was looking forward to getting outside after the last two days of rain. His stomach was bothering him this morning and he was extremely fatigued. After finally getting out of bed he rested on the couch the rest of the morning. Not much appetite. We decided it would be better for him to stay inside and rest and that I would go to the store. I grabbed my two Trader Joe bags, backpack and headed out the door. Immediately after I left the building and started to walk down the street I saw a large couch rolling down the sidewalk towards me. There were movers up ahead putting furniture in their truck but it was very windy out and this couch was not secure. Amazingly enough the lady ahead of me walked out of the couches way so it picked up momentum. I  decided to go towards it and stop it before it crashed into a park car on the side of the road. Shortly afterwards the two movers saw what happened and we all had a good laugh.

Whole foods was a brisk 20 minute walk. Once there I took my time perusing the aisles. The aisles are so narrow and crowded. I am definitely spoiled with my big grocery stores back in Virginia. The groceries were heavy so I took a cab back to the apartment. I am now comfortable stepping into the street and hailing a cab. When I got back to the apartment Jimmy was still in bed. I am glad he is allowing his body to rest when it needs it. Tomorrow night is his 14th day of the oral chemo. He then will get a week off all chemo. Hopefully during this time his body will have time to recover.


After I put the groceries away I made some lunch. I put a few chili & lime tortillas on my plate and when I bit into one of the chips somehow the powdered spice came off the chip and into my eye. OUCH!!! I groped my way to the bathroom to splash cold water in my eye. It's all good and they also are good chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment