Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Hump Day-Even Though We Are Not Working Right Now

"If I ever make it out of New York I'm going to buy myself a new pair of Carhartt shorts and a new pickup truck." The simple things Jimmy thinks about doing when he gets through transplant and is on the road to recovery. This morning was spent looking online for some clothes for Jimmy. As I mentioned previously we only brought up a select few things for him because we thought he would be admitted to the hospital December 23rd. Here it is eight weeks later and before you know it the weather will be warm.

We had eggs for breakfast and like two retirees we were sitting on the couch still in our pajamas and it was almost noon. We had planned on going into midtown to visit St. Patrick's Cathedral but when I researched it I found out that tours are only offered at 10:00 and not every day. Maybe next week we will get over there.

We finally left the apartment in the afternoon and went for a walk. We went to CVS to purchase packaging tape and manila folders and dropped by the UPS store and post office.  Lastly we went to a very nice shoe store. Jim has been wanting to buy a new pair of tennis shoes or walking shoes. We left empty-handed. A black poodle was tied up in front of Le Pain Quotidien restaurant waiting patiently for his owner. I snapped a photo of her as we passed.



Jimmy has been wanting to get another corn beef sandwich from the deli down the street from the apartment so we stopped there on our way home. It is called 2nd Avenue Deli, home to the finest Jewish culinary creations in New York City. It is strictly a kosher deli and for $20.00 Jim got one of the best corn beef sandwiches he has ever had. It's a good thing he still has his appetite because he needed it to finish this monster of a sandwich. I was even able to order something at the deli. I had smoked whitefish and a side of Israeli salad, a tomato, cucumber, dill salad. It was so nice not to have to mess with the outlets to cook dinner.
















2 comments:

  1. I'm just loving your pictures!!! I will have to hold MIke back if he sees that sandwich - his favorite! Hope to visit soon and this will have to be a stop for the guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the best sandwiches I had while in NYC was at a little random mom & pop deli!

    ReplyDelete