Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Let It Rain


We got an early start today. The motivating factor was it was going to rain and be very windy in the afternoon. The weather lived up to that expectation. After a trip to Starbucks we went to the post office and then Jim's favorite bakery so he could buy a loaf of bread. We walked a little further before deciding to go back to the apartment. The weather was milder today and we didn't even wear gloves. My hands were still cold because I was a holding a cold-brewed coffee. It started to rain but luckily we had one large umbrella to huddle under.





After we walked back to the apartment I went back out by myself. Jim stayed back to shower and read the paper. I wanted to get in some walking exercise so I ventured down to Park Avenue and looked at the different clothes shops along the way. I only stopped in a few stores to get out of the rain. Like a dummy I decided not to bring the umbrella. By this time the wind was kicking up and I was looking a little like one of the city's wet rats. My last stop was A Matter of Health to pick up a few groceries.

Jimmy is tolerating the new chemotherapy routine fairly well so far. He major side effect is fatigue. His taste is beginning to change but his appetite is still good. The key is frequent small meals. We don't know if he is going to lose his hair or not. For now his goatee and eyebrows are filling in and he is purposely keeping his head buzzed. I like the look a lot.

For dinner I prepared two separate meals. I made Jimmy a Naan pizza with mushrooms, artichokes, onions, cheese and sausage along with romaine salad with honey mustard dressing. I had a kale salad, falafel burger with hummus on top and fried Halloumi cheese. The Halloumi cheese was a first for me. It caught my eye because it is made from sheep's milk. The cheese is made in Cyprus and because it has a high melting point is is known as the cheese that grills. I sautéed it in some olive oil until it browned on both sides and it was delicious! Bon Appetit!



No comments:

Post a Comment