Saturday, February 13, 2016


This morning I woke up and felt this way. I feel gratitude for Jimmy being able to be treated at Memorial Sloan Kettering. According to US News & World Report, MSK has ranked as one of the top two hospitals for cancer care in the country for more than 25 years. I think Jimmy made the right decision agreeing to partake in the clinical trial. We both slept better last night. Must have been the newly washed blanket I put on the bed. Maybe it was because we have a plan. Maybe it was because I feel deep down inside that this will do the trick and get Jim to transplant. I just know that every little thing is gonna be alright.


All the rage today on the TV is about the weather. New York City is supposed to be the coldest it has been in 20 years. With winds of 20-30 MPH the temperatures could feel like 15-24 degrees below zero. The mayor of New York, Bill de Blasio, had a news conference this morning urging New Yorkers to stay indoors as record temperatures are expected to hit the city. I had to go to the grocery store and drug store but luckily they are only a couple of blocks away. I bundled up and headed to the store. There were not a lot of people out and about. 
I was surprised to see all the frozen trails of dog urine.

The store closest to the apartment is called A Matter of Health. It is very much like Whole Foods but smaller. They have everything I could want even duck eggs. The selection of gluten free products, sheep and goat cheeses and organic products is phenomenal. I had nothing else to do today so I took my time cruising the aisles looking at all the different products. It's not like being in Virginia when I menu plan and buy a lot of groceries for the week. My space is limited in the apartment and in the small refrigerator. I have to plan my meals carefully. I might have already mentioned this but I can only plug in one appliance at a time when cooking. I have a microwave, a toaster oven, an electric skillet and an electric burner. Remember the gas to the building is shut off and I do not have a cooktop and oven. If I use more than one at a time it blows the circuit breaker and we lose all power to the apartment. It's crazy. I even tried to plug something into the bathroom outlet but that didn't work either. Another reason New Yorkers eat out a lot. It's a pain to prepare meals unless you are doing a frozen dinner. I don't do frozen dinners but I might start :)


No comments:

Post a Comment