Friday, February 5, 2016

Unexpected Snowfall

This morning we woke up to snow on the ground. Not too much because we are in the heart of the city and with all the traffic and tall buildings it melts fast. They were calling for a couple of inches but we didn't see it. It was snowing when we left for Jim's appointment at the clinic so we took a cab. He had an appointment to have his PICC line dressing changed and to talk to someone about the cough and congestion that refuses to go away. We were at the clinic for an hour and a half. I stayed in the waiting room and read magazines. This time I brought my coffee with me and managed not to spill it. Dr. Horwitz's nurse practitioner, Nadia, saw Jim and put him on a regime of Sudafed, Mucinex, a prescription cough suppressant and an inhaler. Hopefully this combination will do the trick and get rid of whatever it is he has.



After the clinic we walked to CVS to pick up the drugs then over to the post office to check the P.O. Box. We got the usual bills but I also got a package from Laura. She sent kitchen towels, a berry bowl, miniature cutting board, a tiny candle and a reusable wrap for me to pack snacks in. What a nice surprise and very much appreciated. Funny I haven't wanted to use the cutting board at the apartment because it looks so old and nasty. This new one is perfect. From the post office we headed to the Apple store. We decided to go ahead and buy Apple TV so we could stream Netflix and continue watching Making a Murderer and Breaking Bad. We had started these shows when we were at Sebastian's place besides we have time on our hands while waiting for Jim to start his next treatment. On our walk it was cold and Jim was coughing a lot. I told him to go on to the Apple store and I would meet him in there. I was only a couple of blocks from Central Park and I could see the blue sky and white trees as we got closer to the store. I quickly walked over to the edge of the park and took a few pictures. It was a sea of white and how beautiful it looked. I wish we had time and I wished Jimmy was feeling better then we would have walked into the park.























On the way back to the apartment we must have passed a doggie day care. There were about 4 packs of dogs tied up along the sidewalk. I'm not sure what was going on but I stopped to take pictures of them with my cellphone.

No comments:

Post a Comment