Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Lazy, Inactive, Sluggish, Slothful Kind of Day



I feel like my bottom is spreading and I'm gaining weight. No really! Today the two of us sat on the couch most of the day on our computers researching, surfing the web and reading the news online. It was cold and rainy all day. I know we have been here two months but we still are not used to being in such close quarters and doing so little. There is the bedroom with bed and dresser in one room and there is the couch, TV and kitchen in another. After sitting on the couch too long we get sore and have to walk around the space.

Before Jim got out of bed I mopped the floor with vinegar water. I rearranged the food in the cabinets. That was it. My housework was done.

By mid-afternoon we finally got off our glutei maximi and ventured out in the rain. Jimmy went to get a take out bison burger around the corner and I went to return something to the grocery store and mail a box at the post office. We returned back at the apartment at the same time. Jim surprised me with some beautiful tulips to brighten up the apartment.
It was a low key day. Tomorrow we will take a long walk to Whole Foods and get some appetizers for Friday. We will have visitors. Debby and Tom are taking the bus up to visit. Jim will be on his off week from chemo and his last chemo pill is tomorrow night. Hopefully his blood counts will be ok when he has his blood checked Friday.

1 comment:

  1. I just texted my mom that I'm so jealous of them being in New York and I wish we could be there again, too. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. The flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete