Monday, February 8, 2016

I'm Missing My Boo

One of the hardest parts about being here in New York is being away from my chocolate lab Boo. He is 9 years old going on 3 although he has started to slow down this past year. I am very lucky to have my good friends Jane and John take care of him. Back in Virginia, Jane and I walk our dogs a lot. Her dog JJ is 11 years old. Boo and JJ have been together since we got Boo as a pup. Jane is great about keeping me updated on Boo's progress and she sends me lots of pictures and videos. I know I don't have to worry about him because he couldn't be in better hands. Boo is pictured on the right except for the last picture.








This afternoon I had to get out of the apartment. There is always laundry to be done so I packed my duffel bag with dirty clothes, grabbed the LLBean tote and my prescription bottled full of quarters, bundled up and headed to the laundromat. Luckily there were a couple of machines open so I put the clothes in, set the timer on my phone and walked over to the Catholic Church for a visit. I had 25 minutes to sit in quiet and talk to God. Before I left I donated the money for a six hour candle. I brought it over to the Virgin Mary and lit it there. Like I mentioned before...it's a Catholic thing, vigil candles. They look so beautiful in all the corners of the sanctuary.







 On my way home I stopped by a street vendor cart and bought cauliflower, mushrooms and a bag of onions. Then I went to the drug store to buy light bulbs. Random I know but the lighting in the apartment is very dull. One of the light bulbs burnt out this morning making it even darker inside.
I made a nice dinner of pasta with spinach, mushrooms and artichokes along with a salad. We will continue to watch Making a Murderer on Netflix. I'm loving this Apple TV.

1 comment:

  1. We love having Boo here but I can only imagine how much you guys miss him! Thank for allowing us to have the privilege of taking care of him. He's helping "the lady" stay young! 😘🐶

    ReplyDelete