Saturday, April 23, 2016

Day +9

Last night Jimmy and I had a sleepover. He had a lot of drugs and with the new hallucinatory medication they started we both thought I should stay. Lights were out by 10:30 just after the Caps lost. Lucky for me there is a couch in the room so I made myself comfortable. As comfortable as you can be wearing latex free gloves and a mask.

Poor Jim doesn't get much rest. The nurse came in at 11:00 for meds and vitals, then again around 1:00, at 5:00 for blood work, then again at 6:00 for vitals and to weigh him. On top of these interruptions the pump will decide to beep stating "air in the line". It happens a lot. You have to call the front desk and they will notify the nurse.



Here is a picture of me all snuggled on the couch at bedtime.  In the middle of the night I took the picture of Tad, Jim's IV pole. It was lit up like a Christmas tree or an alien space craft trying to land. Good thing Jim did not have any hallucinations last night or the IV pole could really mess with his mind.

Earlier in the night we had a visit from Dr. Sauter. He told Jim he had the VIP room. He said this was Robin Robert's room when she was her for her transplant. That is good Karma!

This morning I went back to the apartment and showered and made breakfast. My daily routine was off a bit because I stayed through the night. A rainy morning turned into a beautiful sunny afternoon. Before sunset I walked around and took some pictures. Jimmy is still doing remarkably well. Dr. van den Brink actually joked with him today when he did rounds. He said "are you sure you had a transplant?" As I mentioned before, the nurses fight over who gets to have him as their patient. He continues to keep it boring.




2 comments:

  1. So lifting to hear all these encouraging baby steps of good news. Especially love that he's in Robin Roberts' room; definitely good karma!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to here Jim is making progress. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us. Love your great photo eye and perspective to give us a glimpse of life in the big apple. Hugs, Cyndie Lipari

    ReplyDelete