Monday, June 27, 2016

Wide Open Spaces...Yea!

Today we took a cab to Central Park to get some exercise. It took much longer than usual because of gridlock and it cost us $23.00. It was worth it though. We entered the Park in the Upper West Side near 87th Street. Our goal was to walk around the reservoir, officially named the Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Reservoir in 1994. We walked the 1.58 mile track that surrounds the 106-acre body of water. Bill Clinton, Madonna, and Jackie O have all run on the track. Jimmy even joked that we would probably see Madonna today but we didn't. Sometimes the city is so crowded with people that I probably wouldn't recognize a celebrity if she were to pass by me. Today was another nice day and we had a pleasant breeze cooling us as we walked. Jimmy now walks faster than me. Both my knees have been bothering me so today I looked ridiculous in double knee braces, one white and one black. I had a skirt on to boot. All in all we walked 5.8 miles. Not bad for a cripple and a masked man.


When we returned home I made Mexican omelettes on corn tortillas for an early dinner. They were really good. We are running low on groceries so it looks like we will be using the granny cart tomorrow. It will be an early morning. We have to catch the 6:30 shuttle.






2 comments:

  1. A masked man and a cripple! What a visual! I'm hobbling along on my knees too. I wish I could have seen the gay pride parade. I would have walked with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who speaketh? You with the bum knees?

    ReplyDelete