Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Thought is Was Thursday but it's Only Wednesday

Our floor has almost reached capacity. There is only one room available out of twelve. The kitchen can get rather crowded at times. We have to plan our mealtime just right to ensure we get space on the stove and of course our coveted table in the corner. Jim and I have become creatures of habit. There are three tables in the kitchen and a center island with a few barstools. We like the far left table with the bench. Most of the time when we go to the kitchen the table is free. Lately though with the influx of more people it hasn't always been vacant. I kind of almost feel territorial that someone is sitting in my seat. Silly I know.



Our outside venture was to Trader Joe's and we brought the granny cart along. It seems trivial that I mention these insignificant details of our day to day goings-on but in the future when I look back and read this I will remember us walking through the maze of people dodging those looking down at their phones and the homeless lining the streets with their stretched out arms holding plastic cups. Jim pushes the granny cart which is heavily packed with a case of water and two large bags of groceries. He concentrates through the streets as if he were behind the controls of an intense pinball game. Don't get in his way. And if you are not paying attention because you are on your cell phone, be prepared to be bumped.

In the afternoon we sat on the outside patio. Usually there are so many people out that it is hard to get a chair. Today we snagged two and sat with our computers doing busy work like paying bills and calling the DMV. Within minutes 2 woman sat across from us. They are new on our floor so I struck up a conversation. I should have known not to bother bring my computer because it's always social hour on the patio. Poor Jim didn't last long before he returned to the room. He can only take so much female yakety-yak. I had a great time talking and while I was down there one lady was teaching me how to knit. I have never picked up knitting needles in my life so we will see were this goes.





Remember the 1990's series Twin Peaks? We found it on Netflix last night and watched the Pilot. Guess we found us a new (or should I saw old) show to watch that is if I stop blogging.


4 comments:

  1. Twin Peaks is coming back! So catch up. All week long I have been one day ahead in my mind. I don't know why, but this is the longest month I have ever experienced! It is crawling by. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you still watching Grace and Frankie?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only watched the first three episodes. I absolutely love it but was waiting for dad to continue to watch with me. Something always comes up. I don't think he is into it much. It's so funny!!

      Delete
  3. Hey there... sorry we have been out of touch, but we think of you both so often. We had some hiccups of our own, but things are much better! We both are back to our studies for our Masters, so the summer is off to a busy start!
    Jim you are looking great, and we look forward to seeing you both soon!

    Hugs from VA!
    An

    ReplyDelete