Monday, June 13, 2016

The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round

Today I treated myself to another NYC haircut. I am still in sticker shock over the cost of a cut and blowout. I took the M4 bus to the Upper East Side and walked an additional 15 minutes to the appointment. Today was really nice, mid 70's and breezy with blue skies and sunshine. Jim decided to stay at the Hope Lodge and research our next excursion. I was going to take the shuttle to the hospital and walk from there but the public bus worked out better. After the salon I walked to the post office to check the mail. My rental box expires at the end of the month and I have already asked for mail to be forwarded to the Hope Lodge yet low and behold when I checked my box there were at least 5 pieces of mail in there. Transitions with mailing addresses can be tricky. I'm sure there will be a few lost bills in the mix.

When I returned to the Hope Lodge I made smoothies for Jimmy and me. It's a little embarrassing how loud the blender is when I am making shakes. I have my Vitamix up here and it is a good thing because that monster will grind up anything. To make smoothies with berries or greens I have to first cook the produce on the stove and then cool it and freeze it. This kills any organisms that could cause an infection for Jim. By the time I put the frozen items back in the blender they have formed into a solid brick which is really difficult to blend up. The Vitamix does it but it sounds like a jet plane taking off in the process.

In the afternoon we walked 30 minutes to the East River Ferry Terminal. The ferry service connects Manhattan with various destinations in Brooklyn, Queens and Governor's Island. Today was getting too late for an excursion but we probably will take the ferry to one of the destinations later in the week. For dinner AOL was hosting a spaghetti and salad night. Jim and I went down early to peek on the preparation and to see if the volunteers were wearing gloves. Jim was one of the first guest in line to make sure the food wasn't coughed or breathed on by lots of people. We are being overly cautious about germs because WE WANT TO COME HOME! We also sat at a table with only 2 other seats as opposed to the long six foot tables set up. Two women from our floor sat with us. We enjoy their company and are glad they were our dinner partners. Tonight the Nats are on so you know what Jim will be doing.



SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment