Friday, May 27, 2016

Funday Friday

Another good day at the hospital. Jim's electrolytes were in an acceptable range so he did not have to stay for IV hydration or magnesium. Shani, our NP, also had test results from a test they ran on Jim on Tuesday. This particular test monitors the success of Jim's bone marrow transplant by determining the percentage of donor cells in his bone marrow. The report showed 100 percent! This is a very good thing. It means the cells donated by the 29 year old man have now found their way to Jim's bone marrow and have taken over.



When we were done with the hospital we walked by the apartment building I rented prior to moving to the Hope Lodge. I recently received an email to pick up a package delivered there. Harry, my favorite doorman, was working. He calls me Virginia. The package was a false alarm but I'm glad I was able to see Harry again. When I lived at the apartment Harry would ask about Jim every morning on my way to the hospital. He is a sweet, sweet man. After the apartment we went to CVS and the post office. We ended up taking a cab back to the Hope Lodge. The traffic was extra heavy today. Maybe people were getting out of town early for the holiday weekend. I hope so. Whatever it takes to make it less crowded.

I made a nice dinner and an apple raspberry coconut crumble for dessert. Black sock wearing Larry came in to the kitchen tonight and said Val wasn't feeling well. She has been in bed all day sleeping and had a temperature of 101. I told Larry he has to call the doctors and advised him not to give her Tylenol. Larry needs guidance. He is not on top of medical know-how like some of us. Their room is right next to ours so I can't tell if they went to the ER or not. Hopefully all will be ok.

I almost forgot to mention one more thing. My friend Lloyd and I went to dinner last night. There were supposed to be a group of us but for one reason or another everyone else canceled. She is on the floor above me and the two of us decided to still go. Jim found a very nice restaurant for us to go to. It was a wine and chocolate bar and was just a short 5 minute walk from the Lodge. We had a very nice time getting to know each other more. It did us both good to get out for evening and talk.


3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful test result!! And to see it in writing is even better. A wine and chocolate bar sounds like my kind of place!! So glad you could go with Lloyd. Love the picture of Harry too. You make friends everywhere you go. That is special! D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew that three numbers of 100 could look so beautiful! ---The Old Man

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing news!!
    I also glad you're still spending time with Lloyd. Wine and chocolate bar sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete