Thursday, May 12, 2016

Free Day

Ahh to sleep in and not have to rush to catch the shuttle. Jim's cancer diagnosis has opened our eyes to the simple pleasures in life. That is a silver lining by the way. We got up leisurely and had breakfast. Warm muesli cereal and cantaloupe. Jimmy is on a very strict diet so I really have to think before I put a plate of food in front of him. He can have very few raw fruits and vegetables. Cantaloupe is one fruit he can have. First I have to thoroughly wash it with soap and water (in my case Shaklee cleaner) then peel and slice it. I have to be careful no bacteria or fungus is introduced into the fruit by slicing it dirty.

At 12:00 I took advantage of an hour-long private session of Jin Shin Jyutsu. It is an ancient Japanese Healing Art that harmonizes the body's energy. Similar to acupuncture and acupressure it utilizes a form of light touch on 26 points on the body. Jin Shin Jyutsu is used to assist with the physical side effects from surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation, while decreasing stress and enhancing a sense of emotional well being. Jimmy did not want to try it so I signed up to see what it was all about. The practitioner was a homeopathic nurse and the entire experience was relaxing and informative. She told me stories of how this ancient art form has helped many of her clients.


Later in the afternoon I went across the street to JCPenney's to buy a mattress pad and a pot and pan. The mattress pad on our bed is plasticky and uncomfortable. The reason I purchased a pot and pan is so I don't have to worry about other people using it and not cleaning it properly. The ones on the floor are pretty scratched up and should be replaced.


I finally organized the room in a nice orderly manner. We rearranged a couple of pieces of furniture so the room flows better. The past two nights we have had a mosquito flying around. On several occasions I have been close to killing it but missed each time. I find it very interesting that it hasn't been bothering Jimmy. He has always been a magnet for mosquitos. Maybe they don't like his new blood. Anyway I finally got the little devil and it made quite a mess on the closet wall. It was full of someone's blood...ew!

Not much else happening on the Hope Lodge front. We have met a few of the other residents on the floor. Everyone has their own story to tell. We are all in the same boat.







No comments:

Post a Comment