Monday, July 25, 2016

The Heat is On

It seems like my blogging is becoming less frequent as we are winding down our stay in New York. Let's hope I continue to have little news to report unless it is a fun travel day or we run into a celebrity. Yesterday Debby and Tom spent time visiting with us on the 6th floor of the Hope Lodge. We sat on the patio even with the heat but the patio usually has a nice breeze and lots of shade. Debby brought along Yahtzee, a Riddle favorite. They went back to Virginia on the 3:15 bus. 


Today was a busy day for me. I rode the 8:30 shuttle and took it to the Upper East Side for a dermatology appointment. Jim was able to sleep in. Today is his birthday. Unfortunately his sinus infection is getting worse. He needed to sleep in and take it easy. After my appointment I walked back to the Hope Lodge. It was hot today but I crisscrossed the streets to always follow the shaded side. After I got back we had lunch and decided what the plan was. Jim left a message with Dr. Sauter's office about how he was feeling.

On my walk home I realized I lost my driver's license. I left it at the bank last Thursday when I was cashing a check. The problem is I wasn't 100% sure which bank. After calling around I located the bank and headed out to retrieve it. I also walked to Trader Joe's to pick up groceries for our adventure tomorrow. I walked through Madison Square Park and was amazed how many people were out sitting or having their lunch. There was even a boxing class going on. It was close to 100 degrees out.  

Later in the afternoon a nurse from Sauter's office called back. She wanted Jim to come in in the morning to be seen and have a chest x-ray. We are supposed to rent a car and drive to Long Island tomorrow. We still will but we will get a late start.



2 comments:

  1. Oh my- the adventures of Beth Riddle! I bet it was super hot walking back. Hoping for a quick departure tomorrow. Still can't believe Jimmy rolled 5 fours in his first roll!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard about the Yahtzee game! How is Jimmy doing? I'm hoping he received our postcard from Ocean City, too, for his Birthday. I hadn't sent a postcard in years!

    ReplyDelete