Saturday, July 16, 2016

The Fun Never Stops

Yesterday Jim and I spent a good amount of time reading in the library. I think I explained that he is trying to stay away from the residents on the floor, in particular Val because she has an awful cough and sounds contagious. Yesterday morning I ran into Larry and Val on my way back into the Lodge. They had just gotten back from the hospital and were resting before going up in the elevator. Val has been having trouble with her blood pressure being too low. The doctors told Larry he needed to buy Val an abdominal binder which would help with her pressure. Well later when we were reading in the library Larry came into the room with Val and plopped her in the empty chair with a pillow and blanket. The housekeeper was getting ready to clean their room and he was heading to the drugstore to get her a few things. First he wanted to show us this belt he bought from an infomercial that holds your stomach in and becomes tighter when you pump the pockets with air. What a character that Larry is. He never ceases to make Jim and me laugh. He is never short on a story to tell. He had Val wearing this belt contraption earlier until she told him no more. "Go buy me an abdominal binder like the doctor ordered Larry." At least Val was wearing her mask while in the library. Jim went back to the room and got one on too.


Later yesterday afternoon I was in the laundry room looking out the window at the street below. I could see a man lying down on what appeared to be a new mattress on the sidewalk. I watched the man for at least half an hour and he would go from front to back as people walked by, some even taking pictures of him. I decided to take a picture from the laundry room. Crazy, crazy.






In the late afternoon Jim and I did some more mall walking. I swear I am going to write some lyrics to the tune "I'm a girl watcher" only it will be "I'm a mall walker".  When we left the mall we saw two jazzy red Lamborghinis with what looked like advertising signs on their roofs. They were actually 46" Samsung LED display monitors. They are called Captacar and it is a new way of advertising. These cars retail for $238,000.00. Insane money spent in New York. 







Today we took the shuttle to the hospital just to be able to go to my favorite grocery store in the Upper East Side. Jim also was on the search for a good bottle of bourbon that he wants to give to Dr. Sauter when we are out of here. We walked around for about an hour and even went back to my favorite little church that I used to visit. I lit two 6-day candles (one for Jim and one for the police officers that protect us on a day by day basis). 

 

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. You might be bored when you come home! So much going on. If the man hadn't moved on the mattress, I would have called the cops or gone out there to see if he was alive.

    And then you have the drama at the Hope Lodge!! Boy will everyone miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous (don't know who left this comment), while I was watching the man on the mattress a rescue squad pulled up in front of him and I thought oh good someone called to have him checked out. They had their lights on and everything but they went somewhere else and never took a second look at the man on the mattress.
    For anonymous commenters please let me know who you are. I very much appreciate feedback. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your blog -and to know what is going on with you guys. You are a wonderful writer-along with an amazing, loving person. Love you guys -Patty

    ReplyDelete